Become a Pro Bono Member Firm
NYLPI’s community-driven civil rights work often requires a strategic, multi-year investment as we develop expertise, relationships, and trust with grassroots groups and communities, and investigate community needs. Your support makes this work possible.
Last year, our member firms and legal departments donated 16,520 pro bono hours to nearly 400 nonprofit organizations that collectively serve 1.5 million New Yorkers in need. Our members are our allies in helping to create a more just and equitable New York.
Membership supports victories like these, benefitting millions of New Yorkers:
- 40,000 immigrant youth will remain eligible for State-Funded Medicaid.
- Millions of renters can live safely in homes free of mold, pests, and indoor health hazards.
- Hundreds of thousands of toxic light fixtures were removed from nearly 900 NYC public schools.
- Thousands of families across the city are empowered to advocate for the rights of their children with disabilities to access special education.
Membership provides access to these additional benefits:
- Weekly e-mail of a wide variety of pro bono opportunities
- Subscription to Pro Bono Matters, our newsletter highlighting excellence in pro bono
- Annual presentation by our staff to your new associates on pro bono opportunities
- Consulting services to develop and enhance your firms’ pro bono programs
- Access to legal experts in the areas of our in-house practice
- Access to NYLPI’s extensive knowledge of best pro bono practices
Advance Invitations to:
- NYLPI’s Law and Society Award Luncheon
- NYLPI’s Michael Rothenberg Memorial Golf Outing
- NYLPI’s Felix Fishman Awards Luncheon
A list of current pro bono member firms is here. For more information about membership contact Director of Pro Bono Programs, Marnie Berk.